Re: dselect bug?? client-only installations of X..

Quoting Jules Bean (jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk):
> --On Sun, May 10, 1998 3:31 pm -0400 "Michael Stone"
> <mstone@itri.loyola.edu> wrote:
> > I'm not sure how best to deal with this; perhaps an xserver-headless or
> > xserver-networked package or somesuch that could satisfy dependencies
> > without actually installing an Xserver on the local machine.
>
> On the contrary, that's exactly how the system is setup.  xbase *doesn't*
> require xserver - it just recommends it, which is fair enough.
>
> However, dselect seems to interpret recommends more strongly than I'd like
> it to.

I looked again, and it seems that I was mistaken about the number of
packages that have dependencies on xserver--the fake xserver package
is probably overkill. Perhaps xbase could Suggest: xserver instead of
Recommend: xserver?

Mike Stone