Re: dselect bug?? client-only installations of X..

> I was trying to to a non-server installation of X today, so I selected
> 'xbase' and 'fvwm2'.
>
> Now, xbase recommends xserver.  Which is, superficially, fair enough.  But
> when in the dependency dialog I deselect the various xservers (and fonts) it
> has chosen for me, I then get immediately represented with the same dialog -
> I have to use the 'Q' override key to convince it I'm right.
>
> In the case of a recommends, surely it should accept my choice not to
> install an xserver?

As I see it,xbase requires an xserver of some description: although it
suggests a whole list of servers, you need to install at least one. I'm
only a newbie, so I could be wrong ;)

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Steward-elect of the Cambridge Tolkien Society
Selwyn College Computer Support
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/8841/
http://www.cam.ac.uk/CambUniv/Societies/tolkien/
http://pick.sel.cam.ac.uk/