Re: Intention to package x11amp

>One question: x11amp uses the real-time functions of Linux (and sounds
>much better) if it's installed suid-root, but there are unknown holes
>that this opens up. Should I use suidmanager and make it suid?

don't make it suid if it works without (mpg123, amp both work well as normal
programs), register it with suidmanager without suid bit, and document in
README.debian how to make it suid, what advantages this has, and the security
risks.

maybe also look for buffer overflows or similiar stuff in the source.

andreas