Re: /tmp permissions !

On Thu, May 07, 1998 at 11:08:45AM +0000, Nuno Emanuel F. Carvalho wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I'm using Debian 1.3.1 and till that i'm using only as root's user
> cause
> I was having problems on installing my PCBIT ISDN card, but know it's ok
> ! :)
>
>  When the problem was resolved I'd log in as other user but I couldn't
> make "man"
> command as well start up X !
>
>  My problem was the /tmp permissions ! I didn't had write permissions on
> my /tmp
> directory! So I made:
>
>    $ chmod 777 tmp

>From a clean install you should have
drwxrwxrwt  11 root     root         8192 May  7 13:13 tmp/
chown root.root /tmp
chmod 777 /tmp
chmod +t /tmp

+t means that the user who has created the files is the only one (except
for root) to delete them.

Regards,

	Joey

 /                                     http://home.pages.de/~joey/
/                    There are lies, statistics and benchmarks. /