Re: Only m68k and i386 in hamm?

Martin Schulze <joey@kuolema.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:

> Speaking for binary-powerpc there will not be 2.0.  I hope we'll
> be ready for 2.1.  I wonder if it would be useful to remove
> binary-powerpc from hamm completely and only work on slink.

Speaking of the powerpc distribution, how's it doing?  Is there any
chance I could use it to install Debian on some Power Macs using the
monolihic kernel (which supposedly runs OK on the relevant machines).
I have a group of people here who want to start learning Linux, and
I'd rather set them up with Debian than RedHat.

I'm happy to deal with some ugly hacking to boostrap things if
needed.

Thanks

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>