Intent to package Xswallow

Javier Fernandez-Sanguino Pen~a writes:
> 	Xswallow is a plugin for Netscape that allows ANY X-based application
> tu run inside Netscape. This allows you to run a VRML browser (vrwave,vrweb..) or
> a midi application inside Netscape without having to expressely save to disk
> and then run it aside. It works with <EMBED> tags and /etc/mime.types.

This sounds distressingly like a serious security hole - unless it refuses
requests resembling "xterm -e foo".  It's not quite as bad as "xhost +",
I'll admit, but it does sound like a major risk nevertheless.

> 	I have tried it with Netscape 3.0 and 4.0b5 (not with Mozilla yet :( )
> it can be found as a RedHat package so I intend to use this first for the
> first release. BTW it is GPL'd.

Martin
--
\_V_/ | Martin Read, goth, geek, rocker, and sometime tart.
 \ /  | "Hiding out in South America/Protected by money and powerful friends