Re: Yet another Linux distribution! :-)

'From Bill Leach <bleach@bellsouth.net>'

I think I'm confused too thought that is not such an unusual state latesly...
Fetchmail IS POP (or IMAP and somthing else but definately NOT smtp) for
__getting__ the mail.  It IS also smtp for handing the mail to the machine
that it is running on (though I guess that with the --mda procmail switch
it probably uses pipes instead of port 25).

Again, though I will willingly admit to not knowing lots of stuff but what
ISPs _receive_ mail from a user without using smtp to do it (other than the
completely proprietary systems such as AOL, Juno, etc.)?

--
best,
-bill