Re: Yet another Linux distribution! :-)

On Sat, May 02, 1998 at 11:43:22AM -0700, Jim Pick wrote:
> > have you looked at ssmtp?  i just took a quick look at the source, and
> > it seems that it's *extremely* simple -- sounds like a good one for a
> > send-only MTA.
>
> I haven't looked at it.  It's only 15k!  That would be a really good
> choice if it actually does the job.  :-)

You betcha it would!  Of course, getting mail is another matter.  For this,
I think fetchmail fills the bill.  Sure it's not microscopic like ssmtp, but
it works.  It DOES require either inbound smtp available or a delivery
agent of some sort.

Of course, the thought here for ssmtp is "send it to root"..  hehehe