Re: Intent to package: debian-keyring

Hi,

	I agreee, policy is not infallible. But rather than flouting
 policy, I think a better approach is to have policy fixed; that way
 more people can benefit from the ``correct'' methods.

	This is similar to any other bug; rather than merely fixing
 the bug with a local hack one is encouraged to fix the upstream
 source.  This being Policy we are talking about makes it even more
 important.

	Ignoring bad policy is detrimental to the project, and so is
 delibrately breaking it. In my opinion Policy is what reeally sets
 the distribution apart; it is a major asset for the project.
 Undermining policy hurts us all.

	Personally, I have found the Policy manager very amenable to
 fixes and suggestions, and I would advocate a concilliatory
 co-operative methodology rahter than a confrontational one.

	manoj
--
 "A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought."
 Lord Peter Wimsey (Dorothy L. Sayers, "Gaudy Night")