Re: on forming a new Linux Distribution

Ean Schuessler <ean@novare.net> wrote:
> My personal feeling is that every man hour that Debian loses to this
> effort is one man hour too many.

Er.. Debian is not that kind of effort.

Personally, I think every hour of flamage we lose will be paid back
in an order of magnitude of better coordination (and development).

But (a) personal feelings are just that: personal; (b) Debian doesn't
track (nor own) man hours; (c) coordination time is not equivalent to
development time, and neither are equivalent to testing time; (d) if
what they produce is well designed free software there's no reason we
couldn't also use it.

I regret having wasted any of my, or your time on the recent flame
war about "what if policy isn't really policy", by the way.

--
Raul