Re: *** The Upcoming Release of Hamm ***

> > > Make it harder! From now on no new upstream versions to frozen. Cleaning
> > > Incoming. 1. May is 'early beta' and 1. June is release time (to have some
> > > more time for arch maintainers and testers).
> >
> > Please let's not delay it that long if we can prevent it.  I would
> > very much like to be able to get our department's network updated
> > before summer semester begins, since bo is in a somewhat unfortunate
> > state of "outdatedness" if you will.
>
> I second this.  Debian's official release is already so much out of
> date that it is worthwhile for CD-ROM purchasers to rather chosse
> something else like Redhat or the like.  I've actually been hoping to
> hold a CD with the final Debian-2.0 in my hands at the beginnings of
> may and i'd really like to update the machines at our institute as
> well because we could really need some of the newer packages and i
> can't get everything to compile with libc5.

I'm trying to get the beta ready.  The testing group has asked for a bit
more time to work through the base disks.  Then they will start testing
all the actual packages.  They hoped to have it done earlier, but something
about exams getting in the way...  Sheesh!  Where are their priorities? <grin>

Testing Debian is a monster job!!!  The best way to hurry the release is
to join the testing group -- mailto:bhmit1@mail.wm.edu

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )