CERT* VB-98.04: Vulnerabilities in xterm and Xaw

Hi

Are we aware of (concerned by)
 ftp://ftp.cert.org/pub/cert_bulletins/VB-98.04.xterm.Xaw
?
it says that

> Vulnerabilities exist in the terminal emulator xterm(1), and the Xaw
> library distributed in various MIT X Consortium; X Consortium, Inc.;
> and The Open Group X Project Team releases. These vulnerabilities may
> be exploited by an intruder to gain root access.

the only solutions seems to

  chmod 0755 `which xterm`

thanks and bye

a.m.

ps: I have a proposal: why not do this:
 1) create a  debian mailing list
 (lets call it   "debian-warning" just to make the point),
 for very sensitive informations,
 like the presence of a security bug in a package,
 or of a flaw that may damage data or similair.
 2) advertise it on debian-*
 3) tweack the smail and sendmail packages so that
 on the installation they will ask to the root
 (and strongly suggest) that he/she joins
 "debian-warning" , (and then do it automatically)

 This would create a channel that we now lack:
 "debian-warning" should be a list of very low traffic,
 so that people would really read it

 An example: some time ago someone by mistake
 uploaded a version of  grep that was broken;
 I installed it, and lost functionality of some
 things I needed, and the lost a lot of time
 trying to understand what had gone wrong;
 had I received a message from debian-warning
 I would have not installed it.
 Another example is of course the above message.