Re: RFC: dpkg and handling of the Unconfigured state

Jason Gunthorpe writes:
 > Well, I have not observed that dpkg is capable of placing guarentees on
 > the dependency state during the *rm scripts. Alot of packages make use of
 > their dependents during their removal which leads the the problem that you
 > can no longer upgrade without configuring alot of stuff as it is unpacked.

Ah.  That may be another problem, which probably comes from the fact
that dpkg is not able to do multiple install/configure cycles in one
run.  Once that is fixed, I think the problem you mention will go
away.  Right ?

--
Yann Dirson  <ydirson@a2points.com>      | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
alt-email:     <dirson@univ-mlv.fr>      |     support Debian GNU/Linux: