Re: netstd tools in the base system (was Re: What to do with /bin/perl symlink?)

On Tue, Apr 28, 1998 at 09:11:45AM +0100, Enrique Zanardi wrote:
> Then we have two options:
>
> - Remove usr/bin/ftp and usr/bin/telnet from the base system.
> - Create a netstd-base package with those tools.
>
> If nobody objects, I will choose the first option for the next
> boot-floppies release.
>
> 	Thanks,
> --
> Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es
Then what happens to people who download the base system, install that, then have no ftp command to continue getting packages?
I believe ftp and telnet should be left in the base system.

> --

Aaron Howell.	Q.U.T Equity Department, Technical Support/Training.
work: a.howell@qut.edu.au	Linux/Networking Support.
home: aaron@sunrise.bayside.net.au	phone +61-412-956-467
www: http://www.aus-net.com/~aaron	irc: DaRkAnGeL
I love you Nessa! Now, forever, always! :)