What to do with /bin/perl symlink?

IIRC, some time ago it was decided that we should remove the /bin/perl ->
/usr/bin/perl symlink. Am I wrong?

The only reference I found in our policy manual is:

"...
3.3.4 Scripts

All command scripts, including the package maintainer scripts inside
the package and used by dpkg, should have a #! line naming
the shell to be used to interpret them.

In the case of Perl scripts this should be #!/usr/bin/perl.
..."

Currently the base system comes with that symlink, but I plan to remove
it for the next boot-floppies release. Objections?

	Thanks,
--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es