Re: Boot Disks

On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> The sensitivity to good disks is, as I understand it, caused by poor
> BIOS floppy drivers and is independent of the Linux kernel, let alone
> which distribution you are running.

Actually, as I understood it, the problem was poor linux floppy
drivers. You'll note that when most errors occure is when reading the base
image or rescue disks, I have very rarely had the boot disk fail.

The bios is what writes the floppy and is what dos uses to get at it, it
is most unlikely that it is the problem.

Jason