Re: gpm and time after hamm upgrade

    Corey> 	After upgrading to hamm, I have experienced the two
    Corey> following problems. First, gpm no longer seems to work with
    Corey> my mouse. I have a PS/2 M$ Intellimouse, which used to work
    Corey> fine as type ps2. I tried that setup, under which it only
    Corey> moves the cursor erratically and seems to randomly select
    Corey> text. I tried setting the mouse to type ms3, but that
    Corey> produced nothing at all. I have tried setting the mouse as
    Corey> /dev/psaux and /dev/mouse, and have tried closing x windows
    Corey> completely before starting gpm, but nothing seems to
    Corey> help. I am using gpm 1.13-4.

Bob already answered the time problems, so I'll pick up the mouse one...

gpm             1.13-4         General Purpose Mouse Interface
xbase           3.3.2-2        Local clients and configuration required by
xserver-svga    3.3.2-2        X server for SVGA graphics cards

and my M$ Intellipoint mouse works just fine

>From /etc/X11/XF86Config:

Section "Pointer"
   Protocol        "BusMouse"
   Device          "/dev/gpmdata"
   Emulate3Timeout 50
   Emulate3Buttons
EndSection

>From /etc/gpm.conf

device=/dev/psaux
responsiveness=20
type=ps2
append="-l a-zA-Z0-9_.:/root/00-2630-6670-77 -R"

Try that & see how you go.

Of course make sure you have PS/2 mouse support in the kernel
somewhere (module/compiled-in/whatever)

--
Stephen
---