Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 00:32:08 +0300 (GMT+0300)
From: Liran Zvibel <liranz@math.tau.ac.il>
Subject: man 2 intro - SVID

Hello,
I have to hand in a CS (OS) exercise that uses the SYS V sys. calls.
I tried the intro manpage that says:

       SVID   System V Interface Definition, as described in "The
              System  V  Interface  Definition,  Fourth Edition",
              available   at   ftp://ftp.fpk.novell.com/pub/unix-
              standards/svid in Postscript files.

this domain doesn't seem to exist...
I think that the maintainer of the manpages should be notified.

BTW: At my Uni. I tried intro(2) and it was MUCH more informative (It is
SunOS).

BTW2: What do you think about Stevens' book "Advanced Programming in the
Unix Environment"? Should I buy it?

BTW3: What do I have to know to contribute to Debian? I know C, C++ (I
know Pascal, Scheme and Java too, but I don't think those will be
needed...). What documentation should I read?

TIA,

Liran Zvibel.

---
http://www.math.tau.ac.il/~liranz/