Re: base-files 1.9 (source all) uploaded to master

> Changes:
>  base-files (1.9) frozen unstable; urgency=low

>    * nsswitch.conf: Use "compat" instead of "db files" for passwd, group
>      and shadow (Bug #10896).

I think this is a bad time to make changes to the default nsswitch.conf
in hamm.  Historically the configuration of nsswitch has been quite tricky;
its current contents are the result of much experimentation and bughunting.

I reviewed bug #10896, and it does not list any specific bad effects
of having nsswitch the way it is now.

I strongly recommend against this change, unless it can be shown to fix
something that is broken.

Richard Braakman