Re: Licensing, was elvis package

Alex Yukhimets <aqy6633@acf5.nyu.edu> wrote:
> > If you think the GPL is wierd, you should take a look at the Motif
> > license for Linux.
>
> Looking...
> And so???
>
> Way less restrictive as far as linking with the library is concerned.

You're talking about dynamic linking or static linking?  Debian can
ship emacs if it's statically linked against Motif, but by our own
policies it would have to go in non-free.

If anyone could be licensed to use an emacs which is dynamically linked
against Motif, then Debian could also ship this flavor of emacs.

I consider these to be Motif restrictions, not GPL restrictions,
which is why I made my "If you think the GPL is wierd" comment.

--
Raul