Re: Only m68k and i386 in hamm?

On Sat, Apr 25, 1998 at 11:03:10AM -0700, Guy Maor wrote:
> Is that correct?  I ask because dinstall currently installs packages
> into hamm and slink by installing it into the former and symlinking it
> to the later.  This causes unnecessary mirror traffic for those archs
> that will only be released with 2.1 because I must later move binary-*
> for those to slink.

Speaking for binary-powerpc there will not be 2.0.  I hope we'll
be ready for 2.1.  I wonder if it would be useful to remove
binary-powerpc from hamm completely and only work on slink.

As far as I can see we only have disadvantages supporting
hamm-powerpc.  (no regular uploads, extra handling of security
fixes to non-supported versions, frozen of _really unstable_
binary set etc.)

Regards,

	Joey

 /                              No question is too silly to ask, /
/   but, of course, some are too silly to answer.  -- perl book /