Re: Intent to package moxa radius

> If you ask RMS, MANY licenses are not "free enough", including BSD,
> Artistic, and others.  DFSG is not free enough for him, yet you can do
> more with one of the other licenses.  Interesting how that works out.
>
> RMS is pushing an ideal more than anything.

Please don't get into an argument about what license is more free.
It all depends on what you are trying to achieve. When I release code,
I find that the GPL preserves the rights that are important to me. Someone
who wants to use it in commercial software will complain that the GPL isn't
free enough because he can't use it. Many would say that the GPL is
more free than, for example, the BSD license because it guarantees that
modified versions remain free.

If you are going to argue, please explain where you are coming from so
you can get past the word 'free' and actually discuss something instead
of having everyone talk past each other.

Different people prefer different licenses. Why don't we all agree to
that and go drink some beers and work on 'free' software.

Jay Treacy