Re: autoconf problem

--On Wed, Apr 22, 1998 5:23 pm +0200 "Andreas Tille"
<tille@physik.uni-halle.de> wrote:

> On 22 Apr 1998, Brederlow wrote:
>
>> Do you look at ~/ ? Maybe ~/.tedy.xpm should be used if present. :)
> That seems me a little bit oversized.  To make it more clear what I want
> do:
>
> xteddy needs four files:
>      NAME_bw.xbm     -> gray if libXpm isn't available
>      NAME_color.xpm  -> the nice Teddy if NAME==xteddy
>      NAME_icon.xbm   -> an icon
>      NAME_mask.xbm   -> the mask shape
>
> My new version of xteddy can be called via
>
>      xteddy -F<NAME> ...
>
> If no `-F` parameter is given name equals to xteddy.  You have to place
> this four files for one pixmap to show instead of xteddy

OK.  This doesn't answer your question, but as an additional feature
request, how about if no -F is given, use argv[0].  So a hard link to
xpenguin gets the debian chap, etc...

>      1. in the current directory
>      2. in the directory defined via PIXMAP_PATH at compile time
> May be it makes sense to look for a further PATH to overwrite PIXMAP_PATH
> at runtime via environment variable.  --- Do you think that this makes
> sense?
>
> How to get the PIXMAP_PATH right, if no --prefix option was given
> when invoking configure?  (This was the initial question which is
> importand for other packages which I intend to package, too.)

What does debian's automatic make supply for --prefix?  Nothing?

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@jellybean.co.uk         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |