intent to package flip

Here are the author's description and copyright.  I have questions
about each.

> This program converts text file between MS-DOS and **IX format.  It
> works under System V, 4.3BSD, Ultrix, and MS-DOS/Turbo C.  It detects
> binary files in a nearly foolproof way and leaves them alone unless you
> override this.  It will also leave files alone that are already in the
> right format.  User interrupts are handled gracefully and no garbage or
> corrupted files left behind.  An MS-DOS binary will eventually appear
> in comp.binaries.ibm.pc.
>
> Rahul Dhesi <dhesi@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>

I have used this program for several years, and like it better than
"todos" and "fromdos" which are currently part of the sysutils
package.  The automatic detection of binary files is *very* handy.  I
am willing to make an independent package.  However, should it instead
be incorporated into sysutils?

The included manual page includes this copyright/license statement.

>     COPYRIGHT
>	   Both this documentation and flip are Copyright 1989 Rahul
>	   Dhesi, all rights reserved.  Permission is granted to copy,
>	   use, and distribute for any commercial or noncommercial
>	   purpose in accordance with the requirements of version 1.0
>	   of the GNU General Public license.
>
>	   Note:  This software has not been endorsed by the Free
>	   Software Foundation, the creator of the GNU license, and I
>	   am not affiliated with that organization.

It claims both "all rights reserved" and the GNU GPL.  Can this be
included in the Debian main distribution as is, or shall I try to get
the author to clarify it (assuming he can be located after all this
time)?

                               - Jim Van Zandt