Re: Uploaded timidity-patches 0.1-3 (source all) to master

Riku Voipio <riku.voipio@iki.fi> writes:

> > >From the copyright:
>
> > >From the README on archive.cs.umbc.edu:
>
> >  1) GUS instruments were freely obtained from anonymous ftp site:
> >     archive.epas.utoronto.ca        /pub/pc/ultrasound/gravis/disk
>
> So they were extracted from the GUS install disks packed on the net?
> Not everything avaible on anon ftp is free... Netscape comes in mind.
> If there isn't a specific mention that you can redistribute it, you
> are not allowed to redistribute it. And nowhere it is mentioned that
> you could modify anything, so this definetly doesn't go through DFSG...

These patches were obtained from a site distributing Midia, a MIDI player
for SGIs. Furthermore, the timidity home page
(http://www.cgs.fi/~tt/timidity/) suggests these patches for use with
timidity. I took over maintenance of this package last year and have
no reason to doubt the original maintainer. Why do you think they
are non-free?

	Martin.