Re: Non-maintainer release of info-3.12

  Dirk> I just made a non-maintainer release of info_3.12-1 as Octave now
  Dirk> needs a version of info that is greater or equal to 3.11. [1]

  James>  You called it 3.12-1.0 but it should be 3.12-0.1.  Also you'll need
  James> to ensure (-sa to dpkg-buildpackage) that the .orig.tar.gz is
  James> included in the upload.  (It's not in Incoming at the moment so
  James> dinstall will reject your upload)

Oh fsck. Okay, I'm rebuilding as 3.12-0.1 now. To avoid fiddling with epochs,
I have deleted the 3.12-1.0 from Incoming after assurring myself that the
package had indeed not been installed.

  Dirk> There were three files outside the debian/ that were patched in
  Dirk> info-3.9. The patch didn't apply properly, and I didn't investigate
  Dirk> further.

  James>  Their functionality has been integrated into the upstream source so
  James> they are obsolete.

Good to know. I marked that in the updated changelog file.

Thanks for spotting my mistakes. Now I'm left with rebuilding Octave so that
it can indeed depend on info (>= 3.12-0.1). Three Octave builds in 24hrs, and
having been at work at day ...

Cheers, Dirk

--
mailto:edd@debian.org              According to the latest official figures,