Re: Aiding the constitutional procedure [was Re: Automation of the constitutional procedure]

James A.Treacy writes ("Re: Aiding the constitutional procedure [was
Re: Automation of the constitutional procedure]"):
> [Dale:]
> > While I agree with the merrits of your previous arguments, I don't see
> > what this has to do with the constitution. The secretary has "powers"
> > which allow the secretary to execute that office.
>
> As long as section 4.2.5 is not violated then you are quite right.
> I was simply over-reacting to the tone in Ian's response.

Section 4.2(5) is violated only if the Secretary requires developers
to propose motions &c by mailing their bot in a special format, rather
than by posting a normal message to debian-devel (or whatever other
list we end up using).

The Secretary can of course maintain the data in such a bot
themselves, if they want to.

Ian.