Re: dictd and wordnet

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:

> Actually, /usr/share/dict.  Shouldn't new package be constructed from
> the start to use FHS?
I think so and my favourite directory is

          /usr/share/dict/wordnet

> What format are these files in?  Are they ASCII?  The reason I ask is
> that I'm the maintainer of the cracklib package that uses lists of
> words to prevent the selection of easily guessed passwords.  If the
> wordnet database is in a suitable format, it may make an excellect
> source or words for cracklib.
Yes there are some ASCII databases which *may be* usefull for your
purpose.  The index files are interesting for you.  They contain after
a header where each line starts with two blanks an alphabetical list
of words.  Each word is in one line followed by some digits which you
can ignore.

Regards

        Andreas.