Re: intent to package jstation

Stephen Zander <gibreel@pobox.com> writes:

> Bummer! I can't help here unfortunately (I'm a jdk source licencee) but
> I thought Jim Pick had expressed an intention of persuing free JVM
> implementations.
>
> Jim?

I'm freeing up the rest of this week, so I will be able to work on all
my Debian stuff I've had on hold for awhile.

I wouldn't hold your breath for a totally free Java implementation yet -
both Kaffe and Japhar depend on the non-free Sun class library.

Some work has been done on a free class library (kore) - but this hasn't
been integrated into either kaffe or japhar at this point (except for
an older version of kaffe).

Cheers,

 - Jim