Re: *** The Upcoming Release of Hamm ***

Brian White writes ("*** The Upcoming Release of Hamm ***"):
> There seems to be a lot of speculation about the upcoming release of Hamm.
> The date "April 20th" seems to be the favorite date that is getting passed
> around.
>
> I can guarantee everyone right now that no release will be made at that
> time.

Good.  As you say, we are not ready.

> I'm feeling sick and am very busy, so I'm going to be blunt here...  Lively
> discussions about whether this is good or bad and the things that can be done
> about it are largely pointless.  More discussion is not going to get it out
> the door sooner.  The only thing that is _really_ going to help is to roll
> up your seleves and get down & dirty.  We need backbones -- not jawbones
> or wishbones.

Brian is absolutely right.

> So, when will Hamm be released?  You decide.  It's up to the devolpers
> to set the date by fixing the problems that are currently holding up
> the release.  As soon as the last release-necessary bug gets closed or
> downgraded, we'll probably be ready to ship.

Can I propose the following ?  When we get into this state we announce
an `early beta' and delay the release for at least a further two weeks
to see if any more release-necessary bugs arise, or if there is
discussion about the status of a bug.

Ian.