x3270 copyrights

I'm taking the x3270 package over from Dirk Eddelbuettel.  The only
big thing left to fix is the copyrights on it, which mean it have to
in non-free.  I'm including the copyrights below, with my take on
them, and I'd appreciate if anyone could comment on them.  These are
from the "Lineage.gz" file in the package.

First there's the main copyright from the current and previous
authors.  This looks fine to me.

} Here is the official copyright notice for x3270 3.1:
}
}      Modifications Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 by Paul
}      Mattes.
}      Original X11 Port Copyright © 1990 by Jeff Sparkes.
}      Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and
}      its documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby
}      granted, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all
}      copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission
}      notice appear in supporting documentation.

The following copyright looks the most ambiguous.  I've found a likely
email address for Georgia Tech Research Corporation, and I guess I'll
have to write to them, asking politely if they'll consider using a
more explicit copyright like the one above.

}      Copyright © 1989 by Georgia Tech Research Corporation, Atlanta, GA
}      30332.
}      All Rights Reserved. GTRC hereby grants public use of this
}      software. Derivative works based on this software must incorporate
}      this copyright notice.

What does "public use" mean?

The copyright for some of the fonts doesn't actually say we're allowed
to use them!  I also don't know what "distribute freely" would mean.
Since ftp.debian.org is at gatech, hopefully they'd be receptive to
clearing up this license.  ;-)

} The Georgia Tech fonts (the fonts with the name "gt" in them), carry an
} additional notice:
}
}      Copyright © 1990 by the Georgia Institute of Technology.
}      All rights reserved except for those rights explicitly mentioned
}      below.
}      Permission is granted to distribute freely or to modify and
}      distribute freely any materials and information contained herein
}      as long as the above copyright and all terms associated with it
}      remain intact.

Note that x3270 doesn't strictly need any different fonts (it can use
any fixed width font), but it looks much better with them.

There are copyrights from NCD and MIT for another font and a widget
respectively, which are both very similar to other accepted
copyrights, such as the Sun/MIT copyright in xlockmore.

For the most recent version, I think, a small piece of code and some
other data was included, and that adds this copyright, which doesn't
allow anything.  I've only glanced at the changes, because I came up
with something similar on my own that I could add, and I'm putting
that in the public domain.  I don't want this to be more difficult
because I read code with a restrictive copyright.

} The 5250 emulation code carries one more copyright:
}
}      5250 Emulation Code Copyright © Minolta (Schweiz) AG, Beat
}      Rubischon.

Thanks for reading this far!  Any (useful) comments would be appreciated.

"[UNIX] appears to have the inside track on being the replacement for
  CP/M on the largest microcomputers (e.g. those based on 68000...)"