Re: FILESYSTEM CORRUPTION

Stephen Zander <gibreel@pobox.com> writes:

> No, that won't work if the NFS mounts live below the local mounts in
> the file-system tree.  The local mounts will report busy.

Blat.  You're right.

>     John>  * When I shutdown my desktop, it will hang trying to
>     John> umount.
>
> I suggest looking at the options you're using on the NFS client.  Try
> soft mounting & see if that will let you umount the NFS volume.

I try to soft mount whenever possible, but I often forget.  Also, some
people must use hard mounts instead of soft mounts for some
applications.  This is a workaround, not a fix, and it may not even work.

>     John>  * When I shutdown my laptop, it will hang trying to turn
>     John> off PCMCIA.
>
> That probably does need fixing.

Indeed.  It happened to me again today.

--
John Goerzen             | Developing for Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)
Custom Programming       | Debian GNU/Linux is a free replacement for