Re: Question on copyright

   /** msadpcm.c
    *
	(C) Copyright Microsoft Corp. 1993.  All rights reserved.

	You have a royalty-free right to use, modify, reproduce and
	distribute the Sample Files (and/or any modified version) in
	any way you find useful, provided that you agree that
	Microsoft has no warranty obligations or liability for any
	Sample Application Files which are modified.

	If you did not get this from Microsoft Sources, then it may not be the
	most current version.  This sample code in particular will be updated
	and include more documentation.
   */

   Does this copyright on the examples cause any problems to GPL my source
   (i think not) and what notices are needed?

It doesn't mention that any notices are necessary; however you should
include this notice in the /usr/doc/<package>/copyright file.  It's
pretty scary that we're using code from the Evil Empire, but in
practical terms, it's irrelevant.

   The player with this part will become part of my debian package
   sound-recorder.