Question on copyright

Hi,

I am currently enhancing my sound recorder to handle compressed wave
formats. To implement msadpcm (Microsoft implementation) i used the
examples as provided by them. This carries the following notice:

/** msadpcm.c
 *
     (C) Copyright Microsoft Corp. 1993.  All rights reserved.

     You have a royalty-free right to use, modify, reproduce and
     distribute the Sample Files (and/or any modified version) in
     any way you find useful, provided that you agree that
     Microsoft has no warranty obligations or liability for any
     Sample Application Files which are modified.

     If you did not get this from Microsoft Sources, then it may not be the
     most current version.  This sample code in particular will be updated
     and include more documentation.
*/

Does this copyright on the examples cause any problems to GPL my source
(i think not) and what notices are needed?
The player with this part will become part of my debian package
sound-recorder.

Thanks,

Bart