Re: AUC-TeX in xemacs

On Thu, Apr 09, 1998 at 05:28:45PM -0500, Douglas Bates wrote:
> Fabien Ninoles <crow@nightbird.tzone.org> writes:
>
> > Sorry but from upgrading to xemacs20 make AUC-TeX not seems to work well
> > in xemacs, especially the key bindings and no menu.=20
> >
> > Here's an extract from my .emacs file, I only put the relevant part.
> >
> > ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
> > ;; AUC-TeX settings ;;
> > ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
> > (setq TeX-auto-save t)
> > (setq TeX-parse-self t)
> > (setq-default TeX-master nil)
> > ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
> >
> > XEmacs seems to forget everything about LaTeX and by example bind C-c
> > C-e to tex-close-latex-block in place of LaTeX-environment who aren't
> > even define (but exists in auctex/latex.elc). This old behavior miss me
> > a lot... Can some one can give me an hint?
>
> Try using M-x load-library tex-site <RET> immediately after starting
> xemacs.  If that works then put
> (require 'tex-site)
> in your .emacs file.
>
> I think the thing that has changed is that tex-site is no longer
> autoloaded in the 50debian-site.el file
> --
> Douglas Bates                            bates@stat.wisc.edu
> Statistics Department                    608/262-2598
> University of Wisconsin - Madison        http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~bates/

That's the point... I try to load the file but after already open a
TeX file. May be this should be mentionned somewhere. Or is it a bug
(minor one)?

Fabien Ninoles                                  Running Debian/GNU Linux
E-mail:                                                    fab@tzone.org
WebPage:                      http://www.callisto.si.usherb.ca/~94246757
WorkStation [available when connected!]:     http://nightbird.tzone.org/
RSA PGP KEY [E3723845]: 1C C1 4F A6 EE E5 4D 99  4F 80 2D 2D 1F 85 C1 70