boot-floppies package

Hello,

We have a ton of older PS/2 MCA machines around here, many with ESDI
disks, others with the IBM SCSI HBA.  Neither ESDI nor the IBM HBA are
supported by the current rescue disks.

So, in a not quite right state of mind, I decided I would make some boot
floppies so that my coworkers, and anyone else with PS/2s out there
could make use of my work rather than hack through the installs (the
usual method)

However, the boot-floppies system has got me confused.  I'm not a
Makefile wizard, so digging in there is a bit tough.  The documentation
is otherwise quite sparse (it says "Edit the variables in the Makefile"
:)

Here's the problem ... I need to use a special kernel image.  How do I
tell boot-floppies to use it?  If I give it the path to my kernel-image
package, it bombs out saying "I don't know how to make
<your-kernel-image> which is required by linux ..." which isn't too
meaningful to me.  Doesn't it just want to unpack the kernel-image deb?
I'm confused.

I really don't need to remake the entire boot-disk set, just the rescue
disk and the drivers disk.  Someone want to slap me and set me straight
here?

Thanks,

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104