Re: base-files 1.6 (source all) uploaded to master

On Thu, Apr 09, 1998 at 07:30:23PM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> In article <[🔎] 19980409114002.51324@kitchen> I wrote:
> > make it to FAQ, but i can't possibly understand what damage is done if the
> > default prompt is changed to PS1="\w\$ " .

> Like that it won't work for anyone who uses a Bourne shell other than bash?

Didn't think of it... Can we detect inside the script what shell is executing
it? Then we could make it a condition that the prompt is set to something
else if the shell is diffrent from /bin/bash... Ofcourse the right thing to do
is a /etc/profile.d directory.

Riku