Re: jdk1.1-runtime

On Mon, Apr 06, 1998 at 09:53:49AM -0500, Zed Pobre wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, Corey Miller wrote:
>
> >	When I try to install jdk1.1-dev (I want to install JavaICQ, which
> >makes use of the jdk), it says that it depends on jdk1.1-runtime. I was
> >wondering where I could find this package? I looked in incoming, frozen,
> >unstable, and even used the package search utility on www.debian.org.
>
>     The JavaICQ web page mentions that for Linux the required version
> of JDK is 1.1.4.  AFAIK Debian has only packaged 1.1.3 so far.
> Incidentally, if anyone has gotten JavaICQ working with *ANY* version
> of JDK under Linux, I'd like to know.  I installed the 1.1.3-runtime
> package and then downloaded 1.1.5 and overwrote all the files, and ICQ
> *still* exhibits the problem that it won't keep track of what UIN has
> been created, and it won't properly reregister an old UIN (keeps
> trying to create a new one, even after the old #/password have been
> entered correctly).

> Zed Pobre  <zcp@po.cwru.edu>  |  PGP key on servers, fingerprint on finger

Don't have this problem with the last ICQ and the current deb package.
However, I can't received or send any message because it always
panic with I try to do so.

Hope to so jdk-runtime_1.1.4.deb soon...

Fabien Ninoles
E-mail: fab@tzone.org
WebPage: http://www.callisto.si.usherb.ca/~94246757
You can get my public key from your nearest public keys server!
RSA PGP KEY [E3723845]: 1C C1 4F A6 EE E5 4D 99  4F 80 2D 2D 1F 85 C1 70