Re: Timezone messed up

  DS> This is kind of strange. I have my system set to EST5EDT and it
  DS> transitioned just fine this morning from EST to EDT.

Then it appears to be just a problem with the CST6CDT timezone file..

$ tzconfig

[output snipped]

Please enter the name of one of these cities or zones
You just need to type enough letters to resolve ambiguities
Press Enter to view all of them again
Name: [] CST6C
Your default time zone is set to SystemV/CST6CDT
brain /scratch/play
$ date
Sun Apr  5 17:06:42 CST 1998
brain /scratch/play
$ echo $TZ

brain /scratch/play
$ sudo tzconfig
Your current time zone is set to SystemV/CST6CDT
Do you want to change that? [n]: y

[snip]
Name: [] Central
Your default time zone is set to US/Central
brain /scratch/play
$ date
Sun Apr  5 18:09:32 CDT 1998
brain /scratch/play
$

So something is screwy. Has anyone else seen this problem, or is it
just my machine being weird?

-Larry
--
  Larry Daffner        |  Linux: Unleash the workstation in your PC!
  vizzie@airmail.net / http://web2.airmail.net/vizzie/