Re: source packaging format (was Re: Questions about plans for Emacs 20...)

On Sun, Apr 05, 1998 at 05:09:50PM -0400, Fabien Ninoles wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 06, 1998 at 07:09:48PM +0100, Enrique Zanardi wrote:
>
> > I remember Christian Schwartz told us a long time ago that Klee Dienes
> > was thinking about a new source package format that would address that
> > issues, but I haven't heard anything else about that plans. May we reopen
> > the discussion after 2.0 release time?
> >

> If you do so, please take a look at the rpms functionnality... BTW, I don't
> thing the current package really needs some change ["if it's not
> broken, don't fix it.", say my garagist to explain why he's sleeping...]

Well, it's not broken, but we have no way to use pristine sources with
multiple-tar packages, so it may be improved (and it should).

--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es
Dpto. Fisica Fundamental y Experimental			Univ. de La Laguna