source packaging format (was Re: Questions about plans for Emacs 20...)

On Sun, Apr 05, 1998 at 11:23:14AM -0500, Rob Browning wrote:

> Several of the outstanding emacs20 bugs have to do with missing
> international input methods.  I know that I can add them by just
> downloading the leim package from GNU, untarring it in place, and
> rebuilding, but I had a few questions:
>
>   1) Do we have a way to handle multiple upstream tar-files for one
>      package yet?

Not an official, pristine sources one. The usual solution is unpacking
all the tar files in a single tree and then make a single orig.tar.gz.

I remember Christian Schwartz told us a long time ago that Klee Dienes
was thinking about a new source package format that would address that
issues, but I haven't heard anything else about that plans. May we reopen
the discussion after 2.0 release time?

	Thanks,
--
Enrique Zanardi						ezanardi@ull.es