Re: New APT Version

Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@worldvisions.ca> writes:

> with a large list of servers, how can you reasonably-well
> prioritize them based on speed/efficiency/nearness etc.

Look at pathchar, a very very cool tool written by Van Jacobsen.  Only
binaries are available right now as it's still in alpha.

   I've developed a new tool, pathchar, that allows any user to find the
   bandwidth, delay, average queue and loss rate of every hop between any
   source & destination on the Internet. A surprisingly large amount of
   mathematics is required to do live analysis of a busy (and often
   broken) network path. --Van Jacobson, abstract for April 97 MSRI talk

http://www.caida.org/Pathchar/

Guy