Re: Intent to package

On Sat, Apr 04, 1998 at 02:31:15AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	Please note that vanilla angband is already a debian
>  package. You may find the packaging files already prodiced for
>  angband a great help; there are a number of issues about the library
>  files (some of them are intended to be cusotmized, and hence need to
>  be conffiles under /etc; with symbolic links back into
>  /var/lib/games; and those links have to be absolute.

Hi,

	I already planning to use your debian/rules as a base to
	kangband and zangband. I figured that i shouldn't try to
	reinvent the wheel.

	Thanks for pointing this out.

> 	This is not exactly a package I would recommend to a novice
>  maintainer, but maybe with the angband packaging files this is not
>  too onerous a task.

	I always found that the best way to learn a new skill is
	to try to accomplish something that is non-trivial.

--
Three servers for the admins under the influence of rye,
Seven routers for the network techs in their halls of stone