Re: Constitution - formal proposal (v0.5)

SPI is incorporated in the US, so none of your discussion of the British
tax laws is of any consequence. Ian, as project leader, collects no money
and has no control over SPI, and should have no liability here or at home.

SPI is, I believe, incoporated as non-profit (or the papers are being
filed). SPI collects donations for Debian and administers the money for
us. Debian, technically doesn't own anything. Not even our DNS entries.

SPI was establised as a shield, or umbrella, under which Debian could
opperate without the need to deal with the monetary aspects of the
project. Because of hard feelings among its board, it seems that this
"close" relationship has erroded somewhat, to the detriment of all
involved.

Dwarf