Afterstep Bug?--OFF TOPIC?

Yo-

I upgraded to AS 1.4 when I upgraded to "frozen" 2 weeks ago.  Hamm rocks
but I am having some problems with AS 1.4.  I was just wondering if anyone
else had this problem.  It might be an AS bug or a Hamm bug I'm not sure.

When I try to switch backgounds using the menu selection my screen flashes
and then the wharf disappears and the backgrounf never shows.  I have to
restart AS to regain my wharf but the background isn't there.  On a
similar note, when i run xsetroot to add color to the background it works
only until I use the pager to check a different "desk", then when I return
to the original screen the color is gone.

I am using the latest XFree package and the S3V server.

Thanks in advance!

p.s. I was only kidding earlier, Debian rules! (April 1st, heheh..)

-Ian