Re: Intent to package `awk'

'Santiago Vila wrote:'

>I intent to package a program called "awk", which I downloaded from Brian
>Kernighan's home page :-)
>
>This is "the one true awk", i.e. the version of awk described in "The AWK
>Programming Language", by Al Aho, Brian Kernighan, and Peter Weinberger
>(Addison-Wesley, 1988, ISBN 0-201-07981-X), and I think it would be an
>interesting thing to have (it could be used to compare performance among
>other awk implementations, for example).

Cool.  I was dreaming about being the "awk" guy and maintaining all
three free versions of awk for Debian, but it may take a few more
weeks for me to learn PGP and get up to speed again ...

--
Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Linux/Internet Consulting
cjf@netaxs.com                   |  Design Science Revolutionary