Re: tcsh should be removed from hamm

Quoting Joost Kooij (kooij@mpn.cp.philips.com):
> Recently, I have had this happen with Midnight Commander. When I use the
> ftp file system through our ftp-proxy, it is very sensitive about
> unexpected responses from the proxy and tends to hang very easily.
>
> This happened again and because I had several mc's running, I didn't kill
> the one that went south, fearing that I might kill the wrong one. Instead
> I clicked on the destroy button of the xterm it was running in.
>
> Soon after, I noticed that the mc process was still running and it sucked
> up most cpu cycles. Maybe this is more of an xterm problem than a mc or
> tcsh problem.

Hmm. Closing stuff with the destroy button does sound like a common
element, but I use a locally-compiled copy of rxvt instead of xterm so
it doesn't sound like xterm's problem. Do you use afterstep by any
chance?  It occurs to me that I haven't had any hanging tcsh's since I
started using windowmaker.

I still haven't been able to reproduce it at will, even following G John
Lapeyre's process.

--
Michael Stone, Sysadmin, ITRI     PGP: key 1024/76556F95 from mit keyserver,
mstone@itri.loyola.edu            finger, or email with "Subject: get pgp key"