Re: tcsh should be removed from hamm

Steve Dunham wrote:

> It has something to do with dead/stale connections, but it hasn't
> happened frequently enough for me to nail it down.

	I'm the sysadmin that John Lapeyre mentioned in the original post to
this thread.  Steve seems to be on to something here.  I've noticed that
the runaway tcsh processes are coming from users doing one of two
things.  First off, please note that the machines that are having the
problem are NIS mounted to a DEC Alpha running Digital Unix.

1) Users who are using the default DEC .cshrc file and may not be
cleanly logging out...

2) Users who are logging in via dialup and running slirp sessions.

	I have my own .cshrc file that I use and, when I'm logged in either as
root or as myself (using the NIS mounts), I leave no runaways.

Cheers,
Dave

--
     Dave Burnett           Computer Support Staff
 Department of Physics	    Phone:   520-621-6794