Re: scwm

On Sat, Mar 28, 1998 at 02:13:53PM +0100, Francesco Tapparo wrote:
> Hi,
>    I'm the maintainer of the scwm package, a guile driven window manager:
> it is formally alpha software, but it's fairluy stable; I use it from around
> 5 months and it crashed 3 times. So scwm is unstable quality, but not
> Debian Quality(TM), yet. On the other hand scwm is a very good window
> manager, highly configurable and powerful. So my problem is: must scwm be
> present in 2.0, or I must upload only for inclusion in slink? Or I must put
> it as 'extra' and put a warning in postinst? Or ....
>
> Thank you for your attention
>
> Francesco
> f.tapparo@vi.nettuno.it

Thank you to all answered to my question with opinion, personal experiences
etc.
I've decided to include scwm in the forthcoming Debian 2.0. I'm going to put a
warning about the alpha stage of the program (but without requiring to press
RETURN).

PS: some developers noted that it is'nt opportune to put a new package in
freeze time; my message was not very clear: scwm is part of Debian unstable
from around 3-4 months.

ciao

Francesco
f.tapparo@vi.nettuno.it