Re: Building glibc 2.0.7 using hamm

On Sun, 29 Mar 1998, Avery Pennarun wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, what on earth does libc6 _do_ during its build
> sequence that requires such a new CVS?  When your C library requires a
> version control system just to compile, the chicken-and-egg problems start
> to get really confusing :)

You encounter the same problem with the current sources for egcs. I redid
my system from scratch with hamm last week, and nearly went nuts trying to
get it to compile. Upgrading to cvs 1.9.26 did the trick. Looking through
the Makefiles I wasn't able to discover the dependancy, but they are a bit
of a zoo to begin with ...

> Have fun,
>
> Avery

Cheers,